Tackling a common problem with hardware fixtures in mental health environments, Balco Global Ltd have developed a backing plate for a whole range of dispensers. Upon an attempt of ligature, the backing plate stays firmly secured to the wall where the dispenser releases if an abnormal load is applied. Where the backing plate doesn’t come away from the wall, this reduces the weapons risk often found with these types of products.
This is a system designed with ease and safety in mind for staff and service users, reducing risk management. The backing plate has been designed to attach to a variety of free issue dispensers already supplied within your wards, from soap to hand sanitiser to toilet paper and hand towels. Simply send us your dispensers and we will attach the component needed to work with the backing plate and then send the completed order back to you.
• Safe and conventional
• Hygienic and easy to clean
• Low maintenance
• Helps risk management
• Easy to install
• Minimal weapons risk
• Minimal ligature risk
• Made from PVC, the material is lightweight, high-performance dirt resistant and easy to clean.
• The backing plate has concealed magnets on the reverse. As these are secured to the wall, it makes it difficult for the magnets to be removed.
• The dispenser detaches from the backing plate at a load of approximately 5kg.
• Backing plate height: Customisable
• Backing plate width: Customisable
• Fits to your current/existing dispenser range. Simply send your dispenser to us and we will attach the components needed to work with the backing plate.
• Favourable recommendation from CQC.
• Product guarantee for 2 years.